The executor of estate has a number of duties to perform. He or she must:
- Meet with the family of the deceased to gather all the information and documents of the deceased necessary to administer the estate.
- Identify the beneficiaries in the estate.
- Carry out the legislative requirements and duties regarding the estate administration process.
- Settle debts and administration expenses, including the final income tax return.
- Distribute the inheritances to the beneficiaries, which include the transferring of immovable property to the beneficiaries.